Thanksgiving Reflections, 2014 Edition


Thanksgiving 2014 was another great one, and I'm still feeling the glow days later. My parents came up for the second year in a row, and we shared a plant-based Thanksgiving feast that I have been planning for weeks.



I shared my menu a few weeks ago, and there were only a few changes since then. In the end it was all vegan, gluten-free (except the rolls), and refined-sugar free (stevia and maple syrup in the pie). Here's how it all turned out:


The stuffing was the most laborious dish, because I made two different vegan/gluten-free breads
from scratch to go into it. It was amazing and so worth it. Here's the recipe I used
(You don't have to make your own bread for it).


Meatless loaf from fat free vegan. THE FLAVORS in this dish. You wouldn't believe. So grateful this was enormous because we're still eating leftovers today!
These mini garlic rolls were a last minute creation. I'll share the easy instructions in a post soon.
My autumn kale salad was a nice palate cleanser.

Rosemary mashed potatoes. A classic. 

Simple roasted green beans.
Sweet Potato Casserole. A first time attempt for me, and too sweet for my dinner tastes. I think I need everything on my Thanksgiving plate to taste great with gravy.
Here's my plate! Slathered in mushroom gravy, just the way I like it. 

And last but certainly not least, dessert: cashew pumpkin pie with maple pecan crust. Topped with maple coconut whipped cream. The absolute BEST pumpkin pie I have ever had.
And some non-food stuff:

Made these place card gratitude lists out of ironed out packing paper.
Hanging out with mom and dad!
Being silly in the kitchen.


And this was really special... we re-took this photo that my parents took on their honeymoon 32 years ago! Such a great few days.


I hope you also had some wonderful moments with your loved ones this week, and enjoy the rest of the holiday season!

0 comments:

Post a Comment