Recipes of the moment: Jul 24

While I do have some exciting new recipes in the works this week, in between I've been trying some recipes from other bloggers in between. Here are two of recipes I'm trying at the moment:

  1. Yesterday I made my first batch of homemade coconut bacon, using this recipe from The Simple Veganista. It tastes eerily like bacon (granted, I haven't had the real thing in at least 5 years, but STILL). It's delicious, and dangerously addictive.
    Coconut Bacon

    It also made a great BLTA with hummus and red onions, which made quite a splash on instagram yesterday for some reason. I guess people can't resist a pretty sandwich!
  2. Yesterday's lunch: the BoLThA?
  3. Today I'm making a batch of raw portobello jerky, courtesy of Choosing Raw. The idea for this struck me when I was enjoying the meaty texture of my recent marinated portobello burgers. When I started my research, this recipe looked so much like what I wanted to create that I decided to just go with it. I marinated the sliced caps last night and they are currently in the dehydrator. The house is smelling SO smoky and jerkylicious as I type :)
    Raw portobello mushroom jerky
Today I'll be refining my healthy onion ring recipe, and assuming nothing goes horribly wrong, that recipe should be here tomorrow! Stay tuned!

To be continued...




0 comments:

Post a Comment