5 More Kitchen Tools I Love


I did a post a few weeks ago on 5 of my favorite kitchen gadgets, but I knew I couldn't stop there. Here are 5 more tools I use (and love) in my kitchen:

  1. These gorgeous knives: I've had this Farberware Resin 3-Piece Set for over a year now, and still adore it. At the time I just needed a decent, affordable set of knives to hold me over until I could splurge on something more substantial, but they are holding up better than expected. It's fun to have knives as colorful as the vegetables they are chopping, and the resin coating is standing the test of time. Bonus: they come with individual sheaths to spare you from accidental cuts when storing them in a drawer.
  2. This enormous measuring cup: I was just looking for a regular 2-cup measuring cup when I stumbled upon this massive 8-cup one, and then I realized how often I'm measuring in quantities larger than 2 cups. So I bought both this one and a smaller one, and I no longer need to refill my little cups when I'm working with big portions. 
  3. The most versatile funnel: This 4-piece set can be adapted to any of your needs, and it's crazy awesome. I love to use all three funnel pieces when I'm making almond milk, so I can squeeze the nut milk from the bag right into a tiny bottle. The uses are endless. And bonus: it comes with a strainer attachment! Betcha didn't know funnels could be this good.
  4. This fancy corkscrew: My first corkscrew was cheap and seemed to destroy my wine corks or not fit over the bottle half the time. I decided it was time to find something more sophisticated, and  this one is the best deal around. It has a built-in blade to perfectly remove the foil at the top of the bottle, and then all you do is position the corkscrew over the top of the bottle and rotate the handle. In one motion it grabs the cork and removes it, flawlessly every time. It's a bit hit at parties.
  5. This bamboo kitchen tool set: I love to cook with wooden spoons and spatulas. They are sturdy like metal, but soft like plastic, yet they won't melt or scratch the pan. I got this set about a year ago, and it's fantastic. Very easy to use and clean. 

All images from Amazon.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment